I’m in a serious work funk right now. I’m always in a work funk it seems but this week has been particularly bad as you might be able to tell by the number of blog entries appearing the last couple of days. There are just so many things that I want to do that are not work-related and I can’t seem to get my mind off of them. Instead of actually working, I sit here staring at my computer while thinking about all of the other things I would rather be doing. Want a list of the things I’m thinking about? Of course you do!
- Making a BUDGET I can stick to. I hate those things but we definitely need one. I can’t ever seem to pay all of the bills on time these days and I’ve got to find a way to cut out some of the extra spending. I feel like it is my fault because I’m the one responsible for paying the bills and I have to find a way out of the mess we’re in.
- Cleaning out my house. There seems to be stuff everywhere and it is slowly driving me insane. If I could actually find the time to get sort through things I could quite possibly make a lot of money in a garage sale which would, in turn, help with the budget problem. I think I’m really ready to get over my packrat ways and turn a new leaf. It will be painful, but nice in the end. Less clutter, less stress. Now if someone could just tell me how to get over the emotional attachment I have to my stuff.
- The Red Sox are in town next week and I forgot to buy tickets. Also, see #1 above. We may be sitting in the very, very, cheap seats. I can’t miss my Sox.
- I need some craft time. I started on a baby blanket for Zach’s day care provider a few months ago and have barely picked it up since. Um, she’s due in two months and I’m guessing its not going to be finished before the baby comes.
- I really, really, really want to redesign this site. I can’t stop thinking about it which means somehow, some way I will find a way to do it soon.
- I really, really, really need to finish my church’s web site that I started on over a year ago. I’m still waiting on info from some people so it really isn’t my fault that it isn’t finished, but I hate that it is still just hanging there waiting to be finished.
- I also really need to whip up the blog design in my head for one of my blogging buddies. She asked me for a design ages ago and I still haven’t gotten around to it. I’m such a punk sometimes. I hate making promises and not delivering.
- I’ve actually been thinking about leaving Zach with my mom for an entire weekend and trying to get away with the Hubby. I haven’t mentioned it to him yet because I’m not 100% sure that I can handle being away from the little man that long, but I’m really thinking about it. Hubby and I have been actually getting along pretty well for the last week or so and I think the time together would be nice…and relaxing.
And now, it is time to go home. I need to do something relaxing tonight.
Be First to Comment
Relax, woman! You’ve got enough on your plate. You deserve some time to rest and recharge your batteries. 🙂
I started laughing when I read your post because I just posted about my finances.
If you are looking for some inspiration, check out http://www.nakedledger.clubmom. com. She posts ALL of her discretionary expenses. It’s nice to see that we aren’t alone out there, trying to balance a budget.
Where is your man in this equation? Why are you paying all the bills AND cleaning the house AND taking care of Zach? I’m not trying to be too judgemental here, but if Zach needs your two arms most of the night, it seems like you might have a couple arms free around the house.
Comments are closed.