This is the very first tote bag I made. I think I was more impressed than anybody that it actually came out as well as it did. I intended for it to be a small diaper bag/purse that I could carry for a quick outing or trip to the store. It has definitely been used for that, as well as many other things in the months since I made it.
Today there was a comment on my Flickr account asking me if I had a pattern for the bag. I do have a pattern. Unfortunately, I downloaded it and didn’t keep track of the website that it came from so I can’t link to it. I searched and searched today and still can’t manage to find it (if anyone recognizes the pattern and has a link please share!), but I did find some other great patterns and tutorials that I wanted to share.
Here are some that I’m hoping to try out soon:
- Craftster’s reversible tote bag tutorial
- Tiny Happy’s shoulder bag tutorial
- Sugareggplant’s Tote Bags 101 tutorial
- Colorfool’s Greatest Bag Tutorial Ever
- Mama’s Pocketbook “Pink October” Basic Tote
- Lazy Girl’s 1 Yard, 1 Hour Free Tote Bag pattern
If those are too easy for you and you are feeling a bit adventurous, you might also want to try experimenting with some adjustable straps like the ones in You SEW Girl’s Adjustable Strap tutorial.