I’m trying to get back to some regular blogging, so I’m taking the easy way out today and doing this fun meme that I snatched from the lovely Lara David. It looked like fun and I haven’t done one for a while so sit back and enjoy, or if you hate memes, just move on.
1. You wake up in the morning. What time is it probably?
The alarm went off at 6:00 a.m., but it is most likely 7:00 by the time I actually wake up.
2. You get yourself some breakfast. What do you make?
A glass of chocolate milk and a banana if we happen to have any in the house, otherwise whatever I can find that looks edible.
3. Someone calls you on the phone. Who do you want it to be?
My boss telling me to take the day off, or at the very least to sleep in and come in a bit later.
4. You turn on the TV for a bit. What channel do you put it on?
Noggin–I think the boy would hurt me if I tried to put anything else on.
5. You have some time to kill before you leave. What do you do?
Ha! That never happens. If I did have a spare moment, it would be spent snuggling with Zach for a few extra moments.
6. You go and have a shower. How long does it take you?
5-10 minutes on a good day, more if I have to shave.
7. You decide to get yourself ready for your day. How long does it take?
Probably 15-20 minutes, unless Zach wakes up and interrupts my routine.
8. You put on some makeup. What do you put on?
No makeup, but I usually slather on some sort of lip balm before I run out the door.
9. You’re ready to leave. What do you take out with you?
My purse, laptop, bottle of water, Zach, and anything he needs for day care that day.
10. How long does it take you to get to work?
About 30 minutes with day care drop-off added in.
11. What is the first thing you do when you get to work?
Start up my laptop and check my e-mail.
12. Do you take part in office gossip/water cooler talk?
I need some kind of entertainment during the day, right?
13. Anything particularly annoying about each work day?
Other than actually being at work? Not really.
14. What’s the best part of the day?
Leaving work to pick Zach up and seeing the huge smile on his face when he spots me.
15. Do you usually leave on time or stay late? Take any work home with you?
On time (see #14)! I only take work home if I have to leave early or know I might need to work from home the next day.
16. The boss calls to tell you that don’t have to work, and you’re free for a whole day. What do you do?
Hang out with Zach, take a nap, and probably surf some blogs.
17. With whom would you want to spend the day?
Zach, and Hubby if he could be home too.
18. You go to the store to get some snackage, but it turns out you can only buy one thing there. What do you buy?
Either some tortellini pasta salad from the salad bar, or brownies, depending on what I was craving at the time.
19. You’re walking down the street and you find a magic lamp that grants you 3 wishes. What do you wish for?
Enough money to live comfortably and be able to stay home with my kids, for my family to all stay healthy, and to live long enough to meet my great-grandchildren.
20. You meet a man who says he will give you your dream job, what is it?
21. You can choose any concert of any singer/band in the world; whose do you go to?
So many choices! I think this may be the hardest question to answer for me. I guess I would have to go with Pearl Jam (anyone surprised?), but it would have to be in a small, intimate, Seattle club not a big arena show.
22. You get home and there’s a check for $50,000 in the mail for you. On what would you spend it?
Pay off my debt and use the rest for a down payment on a house.
23. You get to bring back anyone from the dead, famous or not. Who would it be?
Only one? My brother-in-law Josh. His life was entirely too short. If I could choose 2? My grandmother Ruth. I would have love to get to know her as an adult.
24. You get to interview your favorite celebrity. Who is it, and what would you ask him/her?
I’m not really big on interviews, but I would love to meet Angelina Jolie and just hang out with her for a day.
25. You get to see into the future but you can only find out one thing about your future life. What would you want to find out?
Am I happy?
26. At the end of your perfect day, you go on a perfect date; describe it.
A long romantic walk on the beach, a delicious dinner (preferably including Mexican food and a couple margaritas), then snuggling up on the couch with a good chick flick.