Tomorrow I will be MIA around here because I have jury duty. Blah! I’m really not looking forward to it at all. I’m sure the $6 pay will not even cover the cost of downtown parking, much less my lunch. Hopefully I will get dismissed right away and be able to go home and play hookey the rest of the day. My dad’s wife is a lawyer and she tells me just to raise my hand for every question. We’ll see what happens.
Since I’m not going to be around, I’m leaving you all a homework assignment while I’m gone.
I totally stole this idea from Dad Gone Mad so please forgive me if you wander over here. I just thought it would be fun and they say imitation is flattery, right?
Here’s a short survey for my readers (yep, all two of you). Please answer the following questions in the comments:
- What is your drink of choice?
- What is spinning in your cd player (or on the Ipod) right now?
- Describe the last photo you took.
- What is your favorite spot on the web?
- How much time a day do you spend reading blogs?
- What three cds could you not live without?
- What is the best book you’ve ever read?
- If you were throwing a dinner party, what would you serve?
- What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
- What is the last thing you do before you go to bed?
- What is your opinion of required jury duty?
Be First to Comment
1. Sprite or Margaritas
2. Van Morrison, Moondance
3. it was of my kitty cats enjoying the lovely Spring weather on my back porch.
5. 30 min-1 hour
6. Madonna, Confessions on the Dance Floor, Abba Gold, Dave Matthews Band Live with Tim Reynolds.
7. Wow, I read a lot of good books, maybe not the best but waaaaaay up there, Harry Potter book 5 & 6
8. spinich dip, shrimp, pot roast, potatoes, carrots and a pie of some sort for dessert
9. Lay in bed with my kitties till I feel like getting up.
10. kiss my hunney/watch TV
11. it sucks but its a service and people deserve to have the cases decided by a jury of their peers. It’s a right.
#1. Coffee- Hands down.
2. a little bit of everything mostly Jack johnson at the moment.
3.My son playing with his new hotwheels car.
4.Designerdigitals.com (digi scrapbooking site)
5. Waaaay too much, it’s too emabarassing to type it out.
6.The best book i’ve ever read would have to be ‘Catcher in the rye’ or ‘circle of friends’ or maybe even ‘The Chrysalids’. Gawd, i miss the days of reading books.
7. I’m not terribly attached to any of them that much these days. But one solid choice would be Fleetwood Mac- Rumours.
8. Bruschetta, BB-Q steak or chicken and Ceasar Salad.
9. Besides going pee, I usually retrieve my kids from their rooms.
10. Rub my hubbys head or massage his arms.
11. I hate jury duty, I got out of it because they mailed the form to my old address (my Parents’ house) and I no longer lived in the jurisdiction. Thank goodness!!
1. Currently: Stoli dirty martini on the rocks as the alcoholic drink of choice and tea (iced or hot) as the non alcoholic drink of choice although I also like to drink water.
2. Nothing. I am listening to the radio.
3. The last photo I *remember* taking was in California. A friend of mine was walking down the street and I snapped his picture just as he started to say something so it had a real “man on the street” quality you see when they have those “man on the street” features in magazines or newspapers.
4. Lately, my favorite spot on the web has been http://grex.cyberspace.org which runs a small conferencing system that I enjoy. There are some seriously quirky people there and it is fun to get into arguements with them.
5. Between an hour and 5-6 hours a day. And the really sad thing is that there are so many more I *want* to read.
6. That is a tough question. I dont really think that there are any cd’s I couldnt live without although there are certainly many I really enjoy. There is one Lucinda Williams cd (her first one I think) that I *need* whenever my heart is broken. I like listening to Dee-Lite when I clean my house. *shrug*
7. To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee although Watership Down is a close second.
8. I am not a very good cook so it would have to be something simple. I usually do a pasta dish and a salad. I do bruschetta with fresh tomato, fresh oregano, and goat cheese. There is a bakery in town that makes fabulous cannoli so usually buy that for desert. I serve everything with lots of Chianti because I figure that way folks will be too tipsy to notice that the meal isnt all that great 😉
9. The first thing I do when I get out of bed is go to the bathroom and pee. The second thing I do is let the dogs outside. If I had a bigger bladder, I might never get out of bed.
10. The last thing I do is let the dogs outside and then wait for them to come back inside. I give them a treat and then jump into bed.
11. I think that it is a terrible system where stupid racist people make often unfair decisions about another person’s life. And I cant think of a better or more fair system. I think that jury duty is about as strong of a reason for good public education as there is. I know that if I were in court, I would want the people on my jury to be as well educated as possible.
Comments are closed.