Skip to content

Easter and Stuff

Once upon a time I had a blog where I actually wrote stuff on a regular basis.  Then life kind of got in the way and I didn’t have time to update it as much as I would have liked to.  When I did finally get back to writing, I had about a bazillion things to write about and created a very long blog post with lots of pictures.  Do you want to see it?  I thought you would.

Just Arrived (not freezing yet)

Last Wednesday, Hubby and I actually got to go out like real adults.  There was no wining and dining, but there was plenty of junk food, booze, freezing temperatures and Red Sox baseball.  It was pretty much a perfect evening if I block out the part where I was completely freezing my ass off.  The jalapeños and margaritas kept me warm on the inside, but I was pretty jealous of all the people sitting around me with blankets covering them (and wondering why I didn’t think to bring one for myself).  It was nice to get to hang out with Hubby without my extra appendage (also known as Zach) around.  We got to have some real conversations that didn’t revolve around a screaming toddler, although we did complain about the drunk college kids in front of us that acted about as mature as the toddler.  All in all it was a pretty great evening and the Red Sox winning was just icing on the cake.


After dragging through the day Thursday, I picked Zach up from day care and discovered he had a bit of a runny nose.  I blamed it on allergies, but by Friday morning that runny nose had turned into a full-on head cold.  By Friday afternoon he was running a fever and I was starting to get a litte worried knowing that we had a very full weekend ahead.  With some Tylenol for the fever and some Benadryl to slow down the snot trail, he seemed to be feeling a little bit better.

Friday night we loaded up the car, dogs and all, and headed up to my sister’s house.  We unloaded, got the dogs settled in and then headed to church for the Good Friday service.  Afterwards we had dinner with my dad and his wife.  I realized as we were driving back to my sister’s house that we had managed to lose Zach’s sippy cup along the way.  Normally I wouldn’t have been too concerned, but it was a brand new cup that I had just spent $5 on a couple weeks ago.  I called and had my dad stop back by the church to make sure we hadn’t left it there but he didn’t find it.  My brother-in-law even called the restaurant to see if we might have left it there but no one had seen it.  It apparently vanished into thin air.


Saturday morning, after listening to Zach struggle to breathe all night, we got up and headed back to church for the children’s Easter egg hunt.  It was really cold that morning so the hunt ended up being indoors.  Zach had a great time hunting eggs and doing some crafts.  Of course he enjoyed eating candy and cookies even more.  He ended up with way more candy than he could ever eat so he agreed to "donate" a big bag to my office’s candy basket.


After the Easter egg hunt, we took the kids to a certain fast food restaurant where they have a playground and are currently giving away SpongeBob toys in their kids’ meals.  We had planned an afternoon at the park but it was just entirely too cold for that.  Instead of eating, the two little boys decided to revolt so we finally gave in and let them just go play, which is exactly what they wanted.  They weren’t exactly thrilled when we told them it was time to go home and take a nap.


It took some work, but my sister finally got the little boys down for naps while my brother-in-law took my older nephew and a friend to a movie.  When they got back and the little boys woke up from their naps, it was time to color Easter eggs.  I think Zach actually got more dye on his hands than on the eggs, but he had a really good time doing it.


We stuck around long enough for dinner and a movie, and then it was time to get home.  Zach decided at around 1:30 in the morning that he wanted to get up and play.  He spent about half an hour screaming before Daddy tried to intervene, played for about 5 minutes, and then ended up asleep in our bed a few minutes later.  Needless to say, when my alarm went off Sunday morning it was not welcomed.

100_9005 100_9031

We managed to get up, dressed, and out the door for church only about 15 minutes late.  Church was full (as expected) and Zach was actually fairly well behaved considering the amount of sleep he got the night before.  The real fun, however, began after church.  Apparently while we were at church the Easter bunny visited Grandpa’s house.  When we arrived for our Easter dinner, there were baskets full of goodies for all three boys and more eggs to hunt.  By the time we got around to eating, Zach was so tired that he actually asked for "night night" instead of eating dinner.


While Zach was napping, I managed to fall asleep and get a little nap in as well.  It was quite nice except that I woke up with a bit of a sore neck.  Zach woke up from his nap extremely cranky so we got our stuff together and headed home.  While he was screaming, I decided to take a chance and poke around in his mouth.  I discovered that he has another molar trying to break through the gums, which might explain much of his crankiness over the last week or
so.  I didn’t see any signs of the other three pushing up yet, so I’m guessing we’re going to have lots of cranky in the near future.


I have to say that I’m almost glad to have the weekend done.  It was certainly a busy one and now I just need a few days to sit back and relax.  I’m really hoping to take it easy the next two weekends because in only 15 short days I will have a brand new little nephew that will need lots of visiting and snuggling.  Can you tell I’m a little excited about that?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Published inKids & ParentingLiving the Life

Be First to Comment

  1. Looks like it was a great Easter overall! Welcome back to blogland.

  2. wow, alot has happened. Love the pictures. I left for just a few weeks myself during our move. I still haven’t gotten all my readers back. I know it all takes time.

  3. Now see, I just got here, and that kind of update is perfect! Gets me all kinds of caught up.

Comments are closed.