Skip to content

Monday Comes Too Fast

apr_06 025We had a wonderful, yet exhausting weekend again.  It is frustrating sometimes to keep up with the pace at which we live our lives, but at the same time, I know that it will only get worse as Zach gets older.

I lucked out and got out of the Bunco game Friday night.  Turns out that my friend had the date wrong and it was actually supposed to be Saturday instead of Friday.  So, it got moved from her house to another house and unfortunately, I already had plans for Saturday.

So, instead of playing Bunco, we just hung out and visited instead which was quite alright with me.  We didn’t make it home until around 2:00 in the morning and then Zach decided I should stay up a bit longer.  I finally got to bed around 3:00.  Four short hours later, Zach was ready to get up for the day, which means I got to get up too.  Usually Saturday morning is my day to sleep in while hubby gets up but since he downed a 12-pack the night before, I let him sleep.

Zach and I watched a movie and when it was over, I put him down for his morning nap.  While he was asleep, I got dressed and went outside to work on the yard for a bit.  I trimmed up the bushes in front of the house and raked the leaves out from under them that had been collecting all winter.  While I did that, hubby got up and mowed the yard.  It looks about 100% better than it did before.

After the yardwork was done, I went inside and did a majorly rushed clean-up of the house, took a quick shower and then we headed out to meet up with my sister and her family for my brother-in-law’s birthday celebration.  We went to Dave & Busters for dinner and some game playing.  I totally kicked some butt playing Skee Ball.  Zach was much more interested in watching the guys throwing the basketballs next to us.  Future NBA star maybe? 

When we had all blown through our money we went back to my house to have birthday cake and watch a movie.  I made it through the cake, got Zach to bed, and then proceeded to fall asleep on the floor about 10 minutes into the movie.  I’m such a good hostess!  I woke up about the time the credits were rolling.

apr_06 027Sunday was a pretty busy day too.  After church and dinner with my family, we all went to watch my nephew play soccer.  I think this is his third year playing and he is getting much better.  The last couple of years he had a really hard time keeping his head in the game.  This year he is much more focused on where the ball is and even kept the other team from scoring a couple of goals.  After the game we treated him to some ice cream at Dairy Queen and then finally headed home.

I was so exhausted that I didn’t do laundry or dishes or anything lastnight.  I guess I have a fun night ahead of me tonight.  Well, after I catch up on lastnight’s episode of Big Love anyway.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Published inLiving the Life

Be First to Comment

  1. AH! Bunco! WHAT is the deal with this game? It’s like a cult down here!

Comments are closed.