Things that irritated me today:
- I forgot to set my alarm and overslept.
- I got to work late due to the oversleeping.
- I left my cell phone at home and didn’t have time to go back and get it.
- My favorite radio station has already begun playing Christmas music and we haven’t even had Thanksgiving yet.
- My car was on empty and I didn’t have time to fill it up because I was already running late.
- I ran errands at lunch and again didn’t have time to fill my car because I didn’t have my phone and didn’t realize how much time I had already spent at Wal-Mart.
- I almost forgot the one emergency item that I had gone to Wal-Mart for in the first place. I remembered it just as I was about to enter the check out line.
- I almost fell down three different times because my shoes kept sliding off of my feet.
- When I stopped at Payless to try to find some cheap shoes to replace the ones I was wearing the salespeople wouldn’t leave me alone long enough to peruse the very small selection they had.
- I had to go to the packed grocery store and fight my way through the aisles that were filled with rude people.
- I didn’t get home until almost 7:30 and Zach was absolutely starving (although still being amazingly good) by then.
- We rushed through dinner and I still didn’t get Zach to bed until 9:30.
- It is 10:00 and I’m just now finally getting to relax.
If you’ve been paying attention, you might have noticed that I haven’t exactly been keeping up with the 30 days of thanks posts. It isn’t at all because I can’t think of things I’m thankful for, but rather because I’ve been really rushed to get my NaBloPoMo posts up. Today I’m very thankful that Thanksgiving is this week and that it is a short work week. I’m really looking forward to spending Thanksgiving with my family and having a couple of extra days off to relax and hopefully catch up on a little bit of extra sleep.