Skip to content

Busy Week, Busier Weekend

It’s a good thing November isn’t here yet, because I would have failed miserably at posting every day.  Let’s just say last week was one I don’t want to repeat for a very long time.  Zach was up every night screaming and crying.  I came down with a miserable cold/sinus infection.  On top of that, it just seemed like we had an awful lot to do last week too.

Our weekend was just as busy, but a lot more fun.  My sister was out of town for a conference, so my mom brought my two youngest nephews over to hang out Friday night.  Ryan spent the night with Zach and Brayden got to stay with Grandma.  Saturday morning we got up and took the boys to Deanna Rose Farmstead, which was a lot of fun.  For a couple of 2-year-olds, it was a much better outing than trying to walk all over the local zoo.  They got to get up close to the animals, plus there were lots of hands on activities and a fun playground area.

Deanna Rose Farmstead

By Saturday night, I was completely worn out.  I said a little prayer thanking God that I did not have twins because there is no way I could keep up with two two-year-olds on a regular basis.  The boys love playing together, but the 6 months age difference really shows through sometimes.  It was really interesting to watch some of the differences between them.  There is always a constant fight for toys, but this time when Zach would cry for a toy, Ryan would actually stop and try to give Zach what he was asking for.  He may have been just trying to make the noise stop, but it seemed to me that Ryan was actually showing a little bit of empathy.

Sunday was another busy day.  We got up and went to church, then ate lunch in the car during our drive home and dropped Hubby off.  After that, Zach and I headed out again to attend a birthday party at The Little Gym.  Zach had a great time at the party, but I realized we definitely need to work with him on the concept of taking turns.  He really didn’t understand what to do when asked to stand in line and wait for his turn.  He had fun running and jumping and was absolutely thrilled when I helped him hang upside down on the uneven bars.

I was hoping the party would wear Zach out, but instead of taking a nap when he got home he was completely wound up and wanted to play.  As a result, I didn’t get my Sunday afternoon nap either.  I’m pretty worn out, but looking forward to a relaxing evening.  I’m hoping I can recover my already burned dinner.  Then I plan on watching the Sox wrap up the World Series and hopefully getting a good night’s sleep.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Published inLiving the Life