I’ve been having some thoughts about this little space here on the web. I’ve been thinking about these things for a while, but haven’t really been able to make any decisions so I haven’t moved forward. I really want to make some changes but (besides being indecisive) I haven’t had the time to put into it. However, I’m also really tired of all this stuff bouncing around in my head so I’m putting it out here. I’d love any feedback/ideas anyone has that they would like to share.
- I want a new name for my little space on the web. Voices In My Mind was just something I threw out there because it happened to be in my head at the time I was searching for domain names, but it just isn’t me anymore. I want something catchy, something that is me – not just some random lyric that I came up with.
- While I’ve always kept this mainly as a personal/mommy blog, I want to start including more photography/craft type of posts rather than putting them in separate blogs. I kind of want all of me in one place, if you will. My recipe blog will stay where it is, but everything else is going to merge together.
- I need a new design/look. I like what I have now, but it just all feels a little stale. Sprucing things up always seems to motivate me again (at least for a while) and I need that right now. I also want to clean up the sidebars while I’m at it.
- I’m re-considering the ads on my blog. I’ve had BlogHer ads for a long time, but I’m not sure how much they actually benefit me. The small amount of traffic I get from them is nice, but the pennies I make from them don’t necessarily make all of the restrictions worth it. I’m not really sure yet which way I’m going to go with this, but it is something I’m thinking about.
- I want to revise all of my categories – consolidating some and expanding others, but the thought of going through and re-categorizing every post kind of makes me sick…and extremely tired. Not sure if that one will actually happen.
I think that’s it. As I said, these ideas are still bouncing around but at least this gets them out of my head. Please feel free to add any input in the comments below.