After finishing up my Halloween Trick or Treat bags (which you can still buy here), I had a bit of fabric left over. I debated over what to use it for, then decided that it would make some adorable little dresses. I’ve been finding tutorials all over the place for pillowcase dresses and since I was dying to make one I decided to whip up a Halloween version. I figured as long as I was using scraps I wouldn’t mind so much if I screwed it up.
I used Leslie’s Pillowcase Dress Tutorial for the basic steps but adapted it for size. I left off the frills and didn’t have any bias tape for the armholes so I just turned it under and top stitched.
The first one went so fast that I went ahead and made up another one for my niece. I haven’t had a chance to try them on the girls yet, but I held one up to Evie and it looks like the size came out just right.
I discovered that I definitely need to work on keeping my stitching even, but I think for a first attempt these look pretty good. I also decided that I like the thicker ribbon used on the candy corn dress so I’ll probably go switch the ribbon on the other dress before I give it away. Once I finish up the matching headbands, I think the girls will look just adorable in them!