Skip to content

In Recovery

Whew!  This was one busy weekend.  Of course, that was pretty much my fault as I scheduled too many things in too short of a time period.  Friday I celebrated my 28th birthday.  I still can’t figure out why I seem to feel so much older this year than last year, but I do.  Hubby came home Thursday night with a gift for me.  He absolutely cannot wait when he buys me something.  He tried to wait for Friday morning, but ended up giving in and letting me have it Thursday night anyway.  I had already gotten the three books that I ever so slyly hinted that I wanted (turns out those Amazon wish lists do come in handy).  So, he hid my gift behind his back (because he never wraps them) while I opened my card and then handed me a brand spankin’ new mp3 player.  I was a little irritated that he spent so much money, but I’ve been wanting one for a long time now, so I was thrilled that he got me one.  Hey, at least he told me he got it on clearance so I felt a little better.

Friday morning I got up and headed off to work.  My mom stopped and picked up donuts and bagels for breakfast in honor of my birthday.  I worked my butt off Friday morning trying to get things finished up so I could be home by 2:00.  My boss had an appraiser coming by the house and I had to be there to meet him.  About 5 minutes before I had to leave, as I was rushing around trying to get everything done, I got called up to the front desk.  Much to my surprise, hubby had also sent me a beautiful bouquet of flowers.  I was a bit shocked as he’s not really the flower type.  In my rush to get home, I forgot to call him, which made him a bit mad.  It’s not like I didn’t appreciate them.  I just didn’t have a chance to call.  By the time I got home, the appraiser was already there waiting for me.

Once the appraiser left, I spent a little time playing around with my mp3 player and then took a nice long hot shower.  After my shower, I got dressed, fixed my hair, and actually put on some make-up in preparation for the big night.  Hubby got home and offered to go pick Zach up from day care (the first time he has EVER done that!).  I fed Zach, gave him a quick bath, and then loaded him up in the car and headed to my sister’s house. 

After we got all the kids settled in with my mom, we headed out for the night.  We went to a local bar & grill that turns into a bar/dance club after 10:00.  We had appetizers, dinner, and lots of drinks while we waited for everyone else to arrive.  I got a couple of really cute shirts and some candles from my best friend and a couple of cards.  Once everyone was there, we partied it up and had a really good time.  I ended up doing a couple of shots that I really shouldn’t have.  My stomach started feeling pretty bad so I had to shut it off early.  I was a little bummed because I had planned on becoming completely stupid and drunk and didn’t even get close.  But, I had a great time hanging out with my friends regardless.  I rather enjoyed all the attention being on me, which is totally out of character for me.

After the partying ended, we went back to my sister’s house and spent the night there.  Fortunately, Zach was very cooperative and slept pretty well until about 7:00 on Saturday morning.  Hubby grumbled about it, but got up with the baby and let me sleep for a couple more hours.  Too bad he was the one with the hangover and not me!  We spent most of the day there watching movies and just hanging out. 

When we left my sister’s house, we headed straight over to my best friend’s house.  Her 16-year old was going to his first high school dance with his girlfriend and I promised I would come over and take some pics with my digital camera before they left.  I was amazed at how emotional I got when I saw the kids all dressed up and ready to go out.  We are really close with their family and I have watched the kids grow up over the last 4 1/2 years or so.  I almost felt like it was my own kid going off to his first dance, all dressed up.  I was even nervous for him, hoping that everything went smoothly (which I found out later it did).

Sunday we did our usual church and dinner at my dad’s house.  Then I dropped Zach and hubby off at the house while I went to do a little quick shopping.  I got home in time to have 1/2 hour to clean up and do some dishes before we rushed off again for a birthday dinner with my mom, my brother and his wife, and my sister’s family.  We went to the Cheesecake Factory which is one of my favorite special occasions restaurants (because I can’t afford to go there very often).  Dinner was wonderful.  I stuffed myself royally.  By the time we got home, we pretty much all just fell into bed.

Today, I’ve been trying to recover from all of the chaos.  I didn’t sleep well lastnight and it was very hard to get up this morning.  Plus, Zach’s schedule is so screwed up from all the weekend festivities that he was very crabby this morning, making it even harder for me to get around.  I just wanna go home, snuggle with my boy, and take a nap!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Published inLiving the Life

Be First to Comment

  1. Happy, happy birthday to you!!

  2. Although it sounds busy, it seems like you needed this weekend.

    I’m glad you had such a great weekend! 🙂 🙂

  3. I don’t know anyone who can pack a weeks worth of activities into a weekend like you can!! Glad you party was a good one you are going to love, love, love your mp3 player.

Comments are closed.