I have no idea who stole the last week from me, but if you know where it went could you kindly bring it back? Everything has been a bit of a blur. It is almost the weekend again (wishful thinking) and I still haven’t had a chance to write about things that happened the weekend before last so guess what? The bullets are coming.
See? I gave you a cute picture first so you would stick around. Read to the end and you just might get another one.
Here are the highlights from the last week and a half of so:
- Zachary turned three and decided that he no longer needs to go to bed when we tell him to. He actually sat up until 2:30 a.m. one night just because he is so stubborn. I’m sure that trait comes from his dad and not his mom.
- Since his party was the weekend before, we celebrated Zach’s birthday by taking him to his favorite Mexican restaurant. He got a little freaked out when they put the sombrero on him and sang, but it was definitely fun to watch.
- I ate like a pig all week last week and only managed to lose 1/2 of a pound. I’m trying to do better this week.
- I finally posted my photos from Country in the Woods up on Flickr. We had a lot of fun and the kids loved the music. It was actually a much better concert than I expected and I’m so glad we went.
- I broke down and got my hair cut. This post-pregnancy hair loss thing drives me absolutely nuts. I didn’t chop it all off like I did last time, but I lost several inches. I’m not totally convinced I like the cut yet, but it is much better than it was. I imagine there will be some pictures of it after this weekend but I haven’t had a chance to take any yet.
- Hubby managed to find a Wii Fit in stock finally and grabbed it up for me. So far? I love it! I’m hoping that I can keep up with a quick Wii Fit workout each day to help aid the weight loss process.
- We took Zach to see WALL-E over the weekend. It was actually much better than I expected. I wasn’t sure that Zach would really understand it, but he did seem to get the emotional part of it. Regardless, he really enjoyed the movie even though parts of it were a bit scary for him.
- Evie actually put herself to sleep last night in her own bed. She woke up just after I nursed her and decided she didn’t want to go back to sleep so I just put her in her bed to see what she would do. I never heard a peep out of her after that. When I went to check on her a few minutes later, she was sound asleep.
And finally, the biggest news:
- Evie rolled over from her back to her stomach last night. She’s been trying for a while but never could quite make it. I put her in the floor last night while I was helping Zach with his bath and when I came back in the room Hubby told me to watch her because she almost had it. A couple of minutes later she made it all the way over. Then she looked at me like I was crazy when I got all excited. Hey, the first time only happens once!
My nephew Brayden. This is one of my favorite shots ever!