The last few days have been a bit of a blur. There was so much going on and everything moved so quickly that I barely had a moment to stop and take a breath. Here are some of the highlights:
- Friday night, as a release from all the stress of the week, I totally gorged myself on pizza and completely ruined any dieting I had done all week long. Then I sat back and tried to relax by watching a movie.
- Saturday I spent most of the day running errands and preparing for our trip out of town. Then my sis and her family came over to visit.
- Sunday was the Super Bowl. We decided that we should go ahead and have our Super Bowl party as planned. Once again, I ruined the diet. But, we had a pretty good time and my brother-in-law was very happy to see the Steelers win. Plus, my cousin and his wife who had just flown in from Virginia came over which was nice.
- Monday morning I got up early so I could take the dog to the kennel, pack, and get everything ready to leave. We finally got out of town around 2:00, drove to Springfield and checked into the hotel.
- We then met all of the family for dinner (where I again ruined my diet). I got to see some of my cousins that I haven’t seen in years. It was nice to get to visit with them. It was the first time in probably 10-15 years that we have all been together.
- Tuesday morning was the funeral. I was rather disappointed with how the service was handled. It was all very generic, with very little personalization.
- After the funeral, there was a luncheon for the family. Then we all loaded up and headed back to KC. We met up again for dinner with my Aunt, Uncle, and cousins one last time before they fly back home.
And now, here I am back at work, trying to get back in the swing of things. I would much rather be at home in bed trying to catch up on some sleep. I’m glad I have a short week, but I really need to be well rested by Friday so I’m not a party pooper at my own party!