Entries for this contest are now closed. Winner will be announced on 5/1 at the WeFitFamilies.com Twitter party beginning 8:00pm Central and posted here following the party.
This post is part of the Mother’s Day Mega Bash being hosted by WeFitFamilies.com. Make sure and read to the end for some amazing giveaways and join the #fitfam Twitter party live on May 1st at 6pm cst/9pm est!
I never thought much about family fitness until I was pregnant with my first child. Of course I didn’t have much reason to think about it until then but it suddenly became very important to me. I’ve always been a bit overweight and other than a few short spurts here and there, fitness has never really been a priority in my life. It took a pregnancy and the birth of my son to figure out just how important exercise and a healthy diet really are. I realized that I don’t want to be the fat mom sitting on the park bench while my children run and play. I want to be running and playing with them. I taught myself to eat a healthier diet and exercised when I could find the time, but eventually I got off track. A second pregnancy only got me more off of my health track and left me with an extra fifty pounds.
One of the things that really helped me stick to my goals before was knowing that my child was watching my efforts and learning. I know that being a good example is the best way to teach my children to eat healthy foods and exercise. With our busy schedule it is really hard to find time to schedule physical activities but we do love to have “dance parties” in the living room or stop at the park for a few minutes when the weather is nice. My 3-year-old also loves to play the “exercise game” (Wii Fit) whenever he gets a chance but that’s about the extent of our fitness plan at this point. I’m really excited to have discovered the We Fit Families forum and to have a place to get new ideas of things we can do together as a family. There are also some great healthy recipes there that I’m hoping will help put my family back to healthier eating and help my husband and I shed some of the extra pounds we’ve collected.
As part of the We Fit Families Mother’s Day Mega Bash, I’m going to be giving away a Grandma Rocks T-shirt from Grandma’s Shoppe! The winner gets to choose ONE of the following: Short Sleeve t-shirt for kids in size 2-4, 6-8, 10-12, or 14-16, Short Sleeve t-shirt for adults in size S, M, or L, or Infant Onesie in size 6,12 or 18 months.
To enter the contest you must have a Twitter account. Leave your Twitter ID in the comments section for each entry and do one (or all) of the following:
- Leave a comment telling me what activities your family does together to stay active and fit or a comment about a special grandma in your life.
- Subscribe to this blog and leave a comment here letting me know you did.
- Post about the giveaway on Twitter then leave a comment here telling me you did. Just copy and paste the following message: @deew27 is giving away a fun Grandma Rocks T-shirt as part of the #fitfam Blog Bash Twitter Party! http://bit.ly/xRY45
- Blog about the giveaway and then leave a comment here with a permanent link to the post (not just a link to your site).
- Stumble this post on StumbleUpon and leave a comment here including your StumbleUpon ID.
Please leave your Twitter ID along with each entry as winners will be announced at the #fitfam Twitter Party on May 1st. You do not have to be present at the party to win, but there will be door prizes! Each item above that you participate in will get you one entry in the contest to win the Grandma Rocks T-shirt. You can enter as many times as you like up until April 30th at 11:59 est. Winner will be chosen by random.org according to comment number. Any entry not including the required information will be deleted prior to choosing winner.
After you’ve entered the contest here, be sure to check out the list below of all of the other giveaways being held as part of the Mother’s Day Mega Bash! We Fit Families is giving away a grand prize sponsored by McCormick’s Spices including a set of Super Spices, DietFoodsRX book, measuring spoon set, and a $200 gift certificate to the winner’s local grocery store so they can put Super Spice tips to use! Be sure to RSVP for the Twitter party on 5/1 and find out how to enter to win the Grand Prize!
You can find the other giveaways at these sites:
- Grocery Price Blog Giving away Splenda Gift Basket
- Grocery Price Blog Giving away $100 worth of Products from Eden Allure
- Backdoor Homeschool Tools Giving away Lily Gulch Soap Gift Set
- The Coupon Cupboard Giving away a set of Super Spices from McCormick
- Copper Brick Road Giving away a set of Super Spices from McCormick
- A Few Fries Short Giving away an Awesome Tee from Crazy Dog Tees
- This Side of Eternity Giving away a set of Super Spices from McCormick
- The Organic Sister Giving away $25 PhotoFiddle.com GC
- Snagged Mag Giving away a 3 pack set of Crayon Rocks
- A Simple Kinda Life Giving away Guardian Angel Bracelet ID
- The Daily Planet Giving away $25 PhotoFiddle.com GC
- Saving Everyday Giving away 12 PakNaks (Winner Choice)
- The Divine Miss Mommy Giving away a set of Super Spices from McCormick
- Is It Monday Already Giving away $25 PhotoFiddle.com GC
- It’s Me Betty Giving away a set of Super Spices from McCormick
- Peanut Butter and Pickles Reviews Giving Baby Banz Sunglasses & Hat
- The New Frugal Mom Giving away Preggie Pops & Preggie Pop Drops
- Five Monkies Review Giving away Between You and Me Journals
- Couponing 101 Giving away Rubbermaid Easy Find Lids – multi product set
- Clippergirl’s Saving Spot Giving away Mamacita Tee
- Dawn’s Blog Giving away $25 Piggy Paint Gift Certificate
- Mom of 2 Boys, Wife of 1 Giving away Mothers Promise Beaded Lanyard
- Coupon Princess Giving away Baby Dipper Bowl and Spoon set
- dvInIdeas Giving away Digital Day Counters
- Surviving the Stores Giving away Bright Bubs DVD
- Money Saving Methods Giving away “Mommy Needs A Time Out” tee